Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Final Preparations

Final Preparations
One of the final things on my to-do list before the hike was to get rid of all of my hair. I met the requirements for a hair donation and decided to donate my hair to "Wigs for Kids". This is a great organization that helps provide FREE wigs for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation, burns, and other medical issues. Feeling inspired? Check out www.wigsforkids.org/ for more information.

In addition to the haircut, I've been stocking up on food for Kara and I. We have 160lbs of high performance dog food in the mail and I have just received a huge box of awesome freeze dried fruits, veggies, and beans from www.harmonyhousefoods.com.

Tyler started his hike today 3/5/13. I'll be about 10 or 11 days behind him but he is planning on taking it slow and meeting up with Kara and I somewhere around the Smokies. I am looking to start around March 16th.

-DH

No comments:

Post a Comment